Friday 5 April 2013

Missing~RunAway

So strange how we hide from our pain. I posted a picture today of my 17 year old son on Facebook asking if anyone knows his whereabouts. I absolutely did NOT WANT to post that. Why? Well for many reasons. Posting that your child is missing or has run away on Facebook makes it real. It brings your real pain, the pain that is filling your heart to overflowing right out in the open, makes you vulnerable .
My son is an addict. He has chosen his dark life over a life with the people who love him. He isn't ready to accept or face his demons.
How is a parent supposed to move through this pain. They say life is like a dance, addiction is the dance of death. I'm not sure how things will turn out, fear and uncertainty are extremely difficult emotions. I have to believe that love, hope and faith are stronger and will see us through this.
My son is missing. If you see him or hear anything, please contact me or the Moncton City police.

No comments:

Post a Comment