Wednesday 17 April 2013

Living a "playful" life

I am taking a coaching course. As a coach, we talk the language of play. This is a new way of talking for me and as we learn our "coach" talk, we have been learning why the spirit of play is so important. I have learned that the opposite of play is NOT work, it is depression. Well if I reverse that then the opposite of depression must be play. How can we work our way out of depression when we are going through a rough period in life? I believe that by adding more playfulness, more joy to our lives, we will be changing those feelings from depressed to happy. So what kind of things could we do to add more play into our lives? Well, maybe a walk in nature, a good old fashion pillow fight with one of the kids, or maybe the hubby, maybe listening to music, maybe dancing, maybe playing a board game with the family, maybe shooting hoops with your son or daughter, being creative and working with clay or painting, drawing, colouring, a night out with a friend, swinging on a swing in a playground ( yup even adults can do that!) to name a few.
Add play to your life when you least feel like you want to, see what happens! I am going to try it today!!!!
Photo credit to its respectful owner, photo found on Internet, I love it. If it belongs to you and you want it removed, please MSG me.

No comments:

Post a Comment