Friday 1 March 2013

Giving up

As Robin Sharma says "Pain is temporary, quitting lasts forever." I am mentioning this quote here because I have come face to face with wanting to give up so many times in my struggles with my son's addiction. I have come to realize that we can just never give up. There is a difference between letting go and giving up. I think there comes a point in addiction where the family may have to let go of their loved one, so that they can start feeling the pain of their actions, start seeing the natural consequences of their addiction, but I will never give up, the pain family members suffer through a loved one's addiction is intense, but pain is temporary, I believe with faith and the knowing that the people who love you will never give up on you and believe in you can see the addict through some very dark times. Hopefully all the way to the other side. 
Photo credit: Recovery and hope Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment