Friday 12 July 2013

Letting go of negativity

I am continuously directed to reading books that tell me the same thing: 
The more you hold onto or engage with negativity, the more that negativity will control you. The more positive you feel and act, the more happiness and joy you will experience. 

I guess this message tells us that the harder life is, the more important it will be to think positive and not dwell on the negative. 

When you live with an addict, when you experience life as a mother of a teenager or a young adult who is experiencing difficulty, this is extremely hard. I keep thinking 'what can I do to help, I will do anything I can to try to make life better for my addict and for my family'. Now I am starting to realize that this means I have to break free of these chains of addiction and focus on the positive aspects of my life. 

Today's affirmation:
Today I am enjoying all the joy and beauty in my life and am grateful for all life's little treasures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment