Saturday 6 July 2013

A glass half full

We must train ourselves to look at the glass as half full! (Nan Henderson-Resiliency trainer) 
I am studying resiliency. My take way from last night's conference is that we must change the way we look at a situation. Instead of wondering how our addict has gotten themselves as low as they are, think about what they are doing right, what strengths they must have that has kept them as far from the bottom that they are, how is it that they are doing as well as they are? If they are still alive, they haven't hit rock bottom as far as rock bottom can be, look for those positive character traits, those strengths, point them out and help them to see them and when you see their strengths, reinforce them at every opportunity! 

Resiliency in Action by Nan Henderson

This picture is a message in the sand written by my 15 year old daughter, it says;  When I am older, I will be stronger 
(Lyrics taken from Wavin Flag)

No comments:

Post a Comment