Sunday 12 May 2013

Closing doors, opening new ones

Lousie L.Hay says that life is a series of doors closing and opening.
I am in the process of closing the door to my sons addiction and to my belief that I had any control over it. I am opening new doors, doors that will open upon new experiences in my life, where I will find peace, I will find acceptance and hopefully a new relationship with my son.

I have experienced my rock bottom, I had to experience this tremendous pain and heartache to get to this place of acceptance. This experience has taught me so much. I know now, that because of this experience, I will truly be able to help others through recovery. I really get it, no matter what the situation; whether it is an addict trying to let go of addiction or a parent trying to deal with their child's addiction; we all have to find our way, in our own time. The resources we gather on our way, will come in extremely useful one day, when we are ready, when we open that door and close the one behind us. This is the part where the real journey begins, when we open the door to acceptance.
Photo credit:Recovery and Hope Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment