Tuesday 11 June 2013

"I am worthy~There is hope for me!"

All of the sadness and all of the desperation I have seen and felt on this journey through my sons addiction, I continue to believe that he is worthy and that he has a chance and that he can overcome this demon. Our biggest obstacle has been that he doesn't believe it himself or care or feel worthy or capable of change. This is a very hard and painful thing to watch. I have seen others who I believe feel the same hopelessness. It breaks my heart. I feel so much intense pain in watching these young people give up hope that I have decided to dedicate the rest of my life to helping youth to find their way and their "spark", discover their dreams and inspire their passion through recovery. 

My son is about to begin a new chapter in his story. I am praying that this chapter is a happy one. He will be finishing his time at the group home. We have made the painful but necessary decision that he cannot come home to live without serious help for his addictions, he has not  committed  to that, so he will have to find a place to live. He will rent a room and find a job and start his life. In the fall he says he will be going back to school and working part time. He seems committed to trying to get his life back and stay out of drugs, I'm praying he can do it on his own. So now I guess I step back and watch him take flight, and pray. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of your son, and your family, for this huge step and undertaking coming up -- and it is a blessing that you are so committed to helping others, youth and their families, in this situation. Our prayers are always with you.

    ReplyDelete