Tuesday 20 August 2013

Living in the Peace

I have realized that peace can be many different things. When a parent of a teen with an addiction says that it is "quiet" this can mean peace. Even through much turmoil in the life of addiction we must seek out peace. It is there hiding in a good walk, a bubble bath, a glass of wine, a conversation or coffee with a friend, a playdate with a young child, a snuggle with the hubby. There are many moments of peace in my life. I have learned to cherish every one of them, even when it seems as though my life may be falling apart.

 This IS MY life too! If I give in to every crisis and let it ruin me and take away my peace, then the addiction wins. I am in control of my peace. I may be powerless over my son's addiction, I may be powerless over what happens in his life at the moment but I am not powerless. I have the power to make my life what I want. 

 Today's affirmation is "I know that I can create peace in my life, I choose to feel peace and put myself in peaceful situations daily."
Picture credit: Recovery and hope Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment