Thursday 8 August 2013

Awareness: LSD

LSD or acid, is the drug I have chosen to highlight next. This is a very commonly used drug among youth! It is available in all sorts of forms from small tabs or "microdots", capsules or gelatin squares (blotter paper) or liquid form. LSD causes a serious disconnect from reality. The high is often called a "trip" and can last up to 12 hours long! When things turn to the "dark side" and one experiences a "bad trip", that is a VERY LONG TIME!!! I have personally experienced an acid trip. Well, I pride myself on being honest and truthful, I have experienced many as a youth myself. I have never experienced a "bad trip" but I have experienced others and someone very close to me on a VERY bad trip that lasted a whole night, he was terrified for his life, it was a very scary and horrible experience that I will never forget. I have also known people who have drug induced psychosis and scitzophrenia believed to be caused by LSD. This can turn a one night party into a lifelong living hell. Very risky in my opinion! 

LSD is a very potent hallucinogen, actually the most potent hallucinogen known to man! LSD is 100 times more potent than hallucinogenic mushrooms.

When someone is on LSD their pupils will be very large. They will get a very dry mouth, loss of appetite and will often comment on visual effects such as colors. They will not be able to sleep and there is often, not always paranoia. When someone is on LSD they most often will no be able to distinguish between what is the effect of the drug and what is reality. The effects of LSD are a gamble and can often change based on environment and mood. The person on LSD has impaired judgement and their ability to see common dangers is also impaired.  Most commonly used by youth in grades 7-12.

 Please take the time to talk to your children about this very real , and very scary drug and the possible side effects that can take place and the gamble that one is taking when experimenting with this, or any other drug! Lots more information on LSD and a great video at www.drugfreeworld.org watch it! Watch it with your teenagers!

Most information in this post is from drugfreeworld literature.  

No comments:

Post a Comment