Friday 15 November 2013

Prescription for Addiction

I have always found it interesting how many parents I meet who have teens with addiction issues who are diagnosed with psychosis, insomnia and ADD. They are prescribed risperidone, seroquil and concerta or Ritalin. I have come to feel that this is possibly the biggest "parent-pacifying fraud" happening in the field of psychiatry. I do realize that sleep disorders, anxiety, lack of concentration, paranoia are symptoms of the above mentioned disorders but they are also symptoms of active addiction and drug use. I am starting to think that prescriptions are given to pacify parents. Now we have our drug-using teenager not only using a multitude of street drugs but numbed down by prescription meds too! If that isn't enough.....now they have access to a couple of easily abused and sellable Meds of their own! Yes, I'm afraid to tell you that seroquil is often smoked on the end of a cigarette, possibly even crushed and snorted (yikes!) and Ritalin, well this is one if the most saught after prescription meds on campus and at school. 
I guess it seems to me that a person just can't win! 
Check out the video by Big Pharma- Define Better! 
My affirmation for today: I trust my instincts and follow them when seeking the truth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment