Wednesday 6 November 2013

He's All In!

wow!! Saw the Robb Nash concert last night. He had some pretty powerful things to say! He told a story about a past band member who had a drug problem. He talked about his passion and his talent and about his addiction. He said that this friend wondered why he was "cursed" and couldn't stay away from drugs that would keep getting in the way of living the life that he wanted. When Robb said that he wasn't cursed that he was gifted, that whatever this guy put his mind to, whatever he was passionate about, he was ALL IN! Drugs included! 

This is how I see my son. One of the most gifted people I know. More passion about anything he is interested in than anyone I know. He is an ALL IN person. If only he could put that passion into something else besides the drug world, if only he could see how gifted he really is. 

I think a lot about addicts, about the torment they must feel. I think that many of these people are probably in the same boat. They are gifted beyond their wildest dreams. If only they could see it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment