Friday 11 October 2013

Grateful

As Thanksgiving day approaches I am finding myself thinking about all that I have to be grateful for. I have a lot. I realize that even through all the heart ache and turmoil of much crises over the past few years, I have always remained truly grateful to what I have in my life. 

I am so grateful for so very many people and things that touch my life daily. More than anything in this world, I am most grateful for my health and my children. I am ,of course, beyond grateful for a wonderful husband and a mother like no other, but, I give deep and sincere thanks for my three children every single day.

 I have come to realize that maybe through all this heart break I have learned even more, how to really appreciate the little things in life. How to be thankful for peace, to be thankful just to have all three children in the same room together, happy, how to really be grateful that they are alive, safe and healthy every day. 

 This week, my son was very sick. It was discovered he has mono. He has been very run down, vomiting every day and coughing until he vomits. He has been so sick. Sick enough to stay in bed for a week. I had him home for a few mornings and a couple nights for the first time in 7 months!I have to say, I was really grateful. I hate to say grateful because he was sick, no, that isn't it, but I was really grateful to have all that time to enjoy my son. He was too sick to get into any real trouble. He wanted his mommy to take care of him. As a mother, this felt good. We had many hours to talk, to watch movies and just be together. I am so grateful for that time. My heart is full of thanks. Yesterday was the first day he felt well enough to go outside for a walk, he managed to eat a small lunch and a small supper and keep it down. Hopefully he is on the mend. I am pretty sure he enjoyed our time together as much as I did. 

 My affirmation for today: I am grateful to find opportunity in an unpleasant situation. I am grateful for every special moment I spend with my children and my family. I see every one of those moments as the true gift that they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment